[GRASS-dev] svn/trac -> git/github migration plan

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu May 16 05:26:19 PDT 2019

On 2019-05-16 14:16, Markus Neteler wrote:
> #### External contributors
> # workflow for external contributors - they have to fork the repo in
> GitHub Web interface
> # create fork via github GUI
> git clone $my_for_url
> # all steps see above
> # push feature branch to own fork repo of GRASS GIS
> git push origin $feature_branch_name   # here: origin is fork repo
> # create pull request in GitHub Web interface (the link is shown in
> the terminal)

May I suggest cloning the grass repo and adding the fork as an
additional remote, this makes merging changes from the grass repo
easier.

  git clone https://github.com/OSGeo/grass.git
  cd grass
  git remote add github https://github.com/<username>/grass.git
  git remote set-url --push github
ssh://git@github.com/<username>/grass.git
  git push github <feature-branch>

This way origin is the authoritative source for the code, and additional
remotes are forks.

Kind Regards,

Bas