[GRASS-dev] git merge mess on master

Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos pmav99 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 03:22:37 PDT 2019

Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com

1) There is probably a smart way to resolve it. Something along the lines
> of what Bas suggested to the situation before but you can also backup diffs
> for all you changes (if any), delete fork and delete your local clone
> and start over.

@all

Please, keep in mind that git push --force is probably the only command
that you should **never** use on main repo.

You are free to force push whatever you want on personal/private
repos/branches. Nevertheless, all commits in the shared repository should
be considered **immutable**. Please don't break this assumption. If there
is need to revert something, use git revert instead.

all the best,
Panos