[GRASS-dev] grass76 addons are taken from trac, but updates to addons happen on github

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 31 03:58:00 PDT 2019

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:08 AM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> čt 31. 10. 2019 v 11:02 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> napsal:
> > I would assume that there are still quite a lot of GRASS 7.6.0
> > installations out there (it was released less than a year ago). Would it

What about adding an Apache redirect rule for the addon downloads?

> we definitely need to release 7.6.2 (not sure if all g.extension fixes
> have been backported). Ma

diff -ru grass78_git/scripts/g.extension grass76_git/scripts/g.extension
--> no differences

Careful: there is another unrelated change which would be published with 7.6.2:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3815#comment:14
I am not very happy about this "do not use ZSTD if available" change
which would affect 7.6 users after update.

(due to that I am enforcing
export GRASS_COMPRESSOR=ZSTD
everywhere on my systems with GRASS GIS installation).

markusN