[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.8.0 with Python3 support

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Sep 6 00:24:32 PDT 2019

Hi,

This does not seem to be trivial, so I do not want to complicate.
Personally, I would just be worried that splitting up AddOns in submodules / different repos might lead to incoherence and maintenance issues (esp. updating and improving addons in a community effort). So, from my addon-dev perspective this does not sound very appealing...

(As a non-windows user) I read that also the addon situation for Windows is not optimal, but since we do have an auto-build in place could`nt we "just" expand the procedure to provide code of individual addons on a server somewhere (for user convenience).

People interested in accessing addon code instantly should be able to deal with the full addon repo. Maybe splitting up grass7 and grass6 addons in different repos could reduce the pain a bit?

Cheers
Stefan