[GRASS-dev] unsupported temporal database in grass79-dev

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 25 23:34:01 PDT 2019

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 4:04 PM Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:
> El jue., 5 sept. 2019 a las 15:47, Martin Landa (<landa.martin at gmail.com>) escribió:
>> čt 5. 9. 2019 v 15:43 odesílatel Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> napsal:
>> > I do not understand what this really means in terms of what I have to do. I have many many time series, some with tens of thousands of maps (Gb's of data) and I find it really annoying to be forced to export all of them to then import again. Is this really what I need to do?? Isn't there a simpler way??

[...]
>> It would be nice to implement automated upgrade logic. Something like
>>
>> t.connect -u
>>
>> would do magic upgrade of current TGIS DB from version 2 to 3....
>
> This would be great indeed; I was actually hoping for something like this. I gues I won't be using grass79dev until such thing exists... :-(

Did anyone test Martin's efforts at:

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/130

It provides a new upgrade script and updates.

Simple testing procedure:
cd grass_master/
# simply add ".diff" to PR number to download the patch:
wget https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/130.diff
patch -p1 < 130.diff

..., compile, test, report :-)

Markus