[GRASS-dev] Management of signature files

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 04:34:35 PDT 2021

Hello Luca,
I would also love to hear your personal vote on an approach we should
take with signature management tools in G8.

> Hi Maris,
>
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 07:38, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> These are only band-aids for current situation.
>> i.signature.copy is dangerous to use – one has to be certain that
>> raster map order in REF files of both groups match. If one group has
>> different order, it still will copy over signature file without
>> complaints (think – use data of green band to analyse content of red
>> band).
>
> I opened a ticket https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/issues/517 if
> you have any better idea please add it to the issue

Warning would do as there is nothing you can do without checking band
references but they are not available in GRASS 7.

>> i.signature.list only lists signatures of type sig but ignores sigset
>> – nothing to see here.
>>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/issues/518

I guess same applies to copy and remove too. At least i.signatures.*
case is a bit better as these are specific tools for the task and thus
an extra option of "signature type" can be added to distinguish sig
from sigset.

>> Māris.

> Luca

Māris.