[GRASS-dev] Min. req. of programming language standard support, GRASS GIS 8

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:29:10 PST 2021

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 5:35 AM Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Similarly to the GDAL and PROJ issue where I don't think it is necessary
to have GRASS C89/C++98 compliant when you need C++11 for GDAL anyway.

The C code of GRASS master is currently compatible with a lot of GDAL and
PROJ versions, also GDAL 1.xand PROJ 4.8.x which most likely do not require
C++11 or C99. If we want to keep this compatibility, we need to stick with
the lower C and C++ standards. Related to the question which currently
supported production environments we want to support.

Markus M