[GRASS-dev] Questions about OSGEO4W

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Wed Jan 13 11:24:47 PST 2021

Since I don't have Windows, I don't know the details of this installation. It is confusing some of my students, so I hope someone can answer a couple questions that I can pass on.

1. Why doesn't this install GRASS in the 'normal' Windows programs location? And where *does* it install GRASS (so people can add it to their launch pad).

2. Where does it install the demo data?

3. A couple students noted that they are finding GRASS 7.8.1 and 7.8.5 on their computers. Does OSGEO4W install a couple of different versions? Or is this something they did and forgot?

4. Are all current Windows installations 64bit or does this vary by computer?

Thanks
Michael
_____________________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Network for Computational Modeling in Social & Ecological Sciences
Associate Director, School of Complex Adaptive Systems
Professor, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://shesc.asu.edu, https://complexity.asu.edu, http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton