[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8: create new release branch

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 00:23:30 PDT 2021

Hello Veronica,
thanks for pushing this forward.

Looking from a "it is ready when it is ready" perspective – what we
are missing from functionality to call 8.0 ready? (I mean only things
that are expected to be ready in less than a month)

>From my side:
Band references and integration with signature files are ready to be
merged (please review!), missing functionality can wait for 8.2.
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1272
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1501

I'll try to work on r.in.pdal this Friday (I need to do some LiDAR
work myself). It is almost merge ready (as long as we add extra
functionality in 8.2)
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1200

Then from my side I'd call 8.0 ready.
Māris.