[GRASS-dev] progress bar in addon

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 03:01:23 PDT 2021

Hi devs,

I would like to include a progress bar in a script / addon. I guess that is
going to be tricky, but even showing the progress bar of the individual
functions would be useful. E.g.,  when the script runs two functions in
sequence:

gs.run_command("r.univar", ....)
gs.run_commaqnd("r.mapcalc", ...)

I would be happy if I could make it show the progress bar for the r.univar
function when that one is running, and next, show the progress bar for
r.mapcalc when that is running. I have found
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Python_Scripting_Library#Percentage_output_for_progress_of_computation,
but I am not sure how to go from there. Any ideas or examples?

Cheers,

Paulo