[GRASS-dev] mkhtml fails on Windows with UnicodeDecodeError

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:51:30 PDT 2022

Hi Vaclav,

st 24. 8. 2022 v 10:41 odesílatel Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
napsal:

> The lib/gis/parser_html.c puts iso-8859-1 into the HTML files (I just
> checked that now), so that's what an HTML reader should be using. That's of
> course not what we want at this point. It just should be UTF-8 everywhere.

+1 for switching to UTF-8

The HTML files may already use UTF-8 (?), but the parser may emit HTML in
> system-dependent encoding. However, the source code it is using should be
> UTF-8 or more likely it is simply ASCII, so perhaps not much to worry about.

I am not sure why the parser should emit HTML in system-dependent encoding.
Why simply not use UTF-8 as suggested in PR [1]?

Back to the original problem, how can we solve the problem with compilation
on Windows 2016 without changing the code base of grass78 significantly?
BTW, I was able to compile grass78 on the same machine a few weeks ago and
I don't see any related changes in v.random.html... (?)

Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa