[GRASS-dev] mkhtml fails on Windows with UnicodeDecodeError

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 09:14:34 PDT 2022

Hi,

st 24. 8. 2022 v 12:03 odesílatel Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
napsal

> Back to the original problem, how can we solve the problem with
>> compilation on Windows 2016 without changing the code base of grass78
>> significantly? BTW, I was able to compile grass78 on the same machine a few
>> weeks ago and I don't see any related changes in v.random.html... (?)
>>

> The PR looks okay on the surface. Maybe you can just remove the
> problematic character in 7.8.

Source of the problem is a git log message [1], not the manual page itself.
I modified PR [2]:

* HTML file is decode using ISO-8859-1
* git log message is decoded using UTF-8

Martin

[1]
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/commit/3b6d257bdfc18a58dd42c5ab06c69ada99c56a24
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2533/files