[GRASS-dev] Mini project 2023: Week 4: Improving Single-Window GUI user experience

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Dec 25 12:43:03 PST 2022

Hello guys,

after one week of being ill, I am sending my fourth report regarding the
GRASS mini-project which is also available here: [1].

1) What did I complete this week?

I fully refactored the PR [2] dealing with dock/undock map display
functionality and currently, this thing is almost finished. In addition, the
PR [3] implementing the Export history button in the Console pane has been
approved. So these two PRs are finally approaching the merge.

I have started to work more intensively on the second major project topic
which sounds basically "How to make the Console pane more user-friendly". I
started by adding an input prompt sign to the Command prompt. This sign
should help beginners notice the Command prompt and better understand the
difference between the Command prompt and the Command output. For this
purpose, I created the PR [4] which is still under process.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

Besides working on PR [4], I plan to more focus on the Console
reorganization topic.

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't.

Have a lovely Christmas!