[GRASS-dev] RFCs on Python version and release procedure

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 06:16:39 PST 2022

Dear all,

During our last PSC meeting (see minutes here [1]) we discussed the Python
language version that we should support and clarifications were made to the
draft RFC. Furthermore, the draft RFC for release procedure was also
mentioned as a way to adopt feature freezing and avoid last minute
backporting of new features that, if not properly tested, might be
disruptive (see for example https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/2137).

This is a call and invitation to read RFC 4: Release procedure [2] and RFC
8: Python Language Support [3], and comment/discuss on what's drafted there
so PSC can then vote and adopt consensuated procedures.

Looking forward to hear from you,
Vero

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Minutes/PSC_Meeting_20220211
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/4_ReleaseProcedure