[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8.0.1

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 21 12:19:57 PST 2022

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 10:32 PM Stefan Blumentrath
<Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Agreed. It is a small change, affecting only MS Windows and tested successfully. I don`t see any real risk here for breaking anything.
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2223 is indeed a PR against releasebranch_8_0 that would backport the fix that just needs to get merged.

Seems #2223 has been merged,

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/compare/8.0.1RC1...releasebranch_8_0

> However, if there is any chance to get also https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2226 (also a tiny change to fix a regression affecting all platforms)
> merged for 8.0.1, I would really appreciate it. But I understand of course if you rather include that in 8.0.2.

The more we add to 8.0.1 the higher the need to make an RC2 and so on.

This are the differences to 8.0.0:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/compare/8.0.1RC1...releasebranch_8_0

The original plan was to make 8.0.1 a *quick*fix. We are far away from that...

Markus