[GRASS-dev] Question on the CDHC library

Nicklas Larsson n_larsson at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 06:39:31 PST 2022

Hi all!

Is there someone tuning in to this list that has knowledge on the content and history of the GRASS library CDHC?

In a recent PR dealing with compiler warnings a strange line of code in Cdhc_enormp() was discussed [1].

It turned out we could not find any documentation on what this function is supposed to do and --more importantly-- that it was not even used. I therefore put up a PR suggesting to remove that function [2], but I wanted to give it a last chance with this post…

I also posted a PR [3] for adding the statlib cdh Fortran source code by Paul Johnson (which the cdhc library code was based upon) to the library documentation.

Best,
Nicklas

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2164#discussion_r1014211809 <https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2164#discussion_r1014211809>
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2640 <https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2640>