[GRASS-dev] Version DOI missing for GRASS 8.3.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 8 03:33:51 PDT 2023

HI Peter,

On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 11:24 AM Peter Löwe <peter.loewe at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Markus, all,
>
> would it be feasible for the maintainers to do a manual Zenodo-check-in for GRASS GIS 8.3 similar  to GRASS GIS 7.8.8 ?

Well, the Zenodo part of 7.8.8 was automated.

> Alternatively I can contact the Zenodo helpdesk to get this fixed.

Hold on - I just checked it here:

https://zenodo.org/account/settings/github/repository/OSGeo/grass

7.8.8 OSGeo/grass: GRASS GIS 7.8.8
DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.8219486
GRASS GIS 7.8.8
Published
a day ago
________________________________

8.3.0 OSGeo/grass: GRASS GIS 8.3.0
GRASS GIS 8.3.0
Failed            <<<<----- !
a month ago
________________________________

8.3.0RC1 OSGeo/grass: GRASS GIS 8.3.0RC1
GRASS GIS 8.3.0RC1
Failed
2 months ago
________________________________

8.2.1 OSGeo/grass: GRASS GIS 8.2.1
DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.7764250
GRASS GIS 8.2.1
Published
4 months ago
________________________________

In detail:

8.3.0 OSGeo/grass: GRASS GIS 8.3.0
GRASS GIS 8.3.0
Failed

{
    "errors": "The license ID you have selected is not present in our
system. For the available licenses please check in the following URL
https://developers.zenodo.org/#licenses"
}

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/4428fae82aba5e9033bae7ea4ba84da914949602/CITATION.cff#L109
--> license: GNU General Public License v2 or later

I guess it dislikes the "... or later" part. How to write it properly?

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD