[GRASS-dev] Parallelizing algorithms

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 13:21:57 PST 2023

Hi Shreyas,

That's a great effort, would you be able to share the progress with us?
Usually, it's good if multiple people test it on different hardware, see
for example a previous parallelization contribution [1]. To measure the
performance, there is a benchmarking library [2] you can use. There are
benchmarking scripts in the source code for some tools, see for example [3]
or see a benchmarking example in a jupyter notebook [4].

Anna

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1782
[2] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass83/manuals/libpython/grass.benchmark.html
[3] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/tree/main/raster/r.neighbors/benchmark