[GRASS-dev] GRASS historical documents

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 7 04:56:26 PST 2023

Hi Nicklas,

Nice collection, perhaps worth adding here:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Citation_Repository#Historic_citations

Best
markus

PS: in the old site we had a collection but it didn't make it to the
hugo site (AFAIK), and we moved it to the wiki.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 10:23 AM Nicklas Larsson via grass-dev
<grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> I stumbled upon a — for me — nice surprise on the Internet Archive:
>
> Sources of Digital Spatial Data for Geographic Information Systems (1987)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA189788
>
> GRASS 3.0 Programmer's Manual (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA252461
>
> GRASS/GIS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System/Geographic Information System) Implementation Guide (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA214623/
>
> GRASS/GIS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System/Geographic Information System) Implementation Guide (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA214623
>
> Proceedings of the Geographical Resource Analysis Support System (GRASS) User Group Meeting Held in Champaign, Illinois, 1988 (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA213823
>
> Methodology for Performing Return-On-Investment (ROI) Studies for Implementation of GRASS on Military Installations (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA222064
>
> GRASS Hardware Configurations Guide (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA220954
>
> Guidelines for Running GRASS Benchmarks (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA221332
>
> Testing Guidelines for GRASS Ports and Drivers (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA221176
>
> Options for Acquiring Elevation Data (1989)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA220934
>
> Cartographic Issues in the Development of a Digital GRASS Database (1990)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA227582
>
> A Comparison of Manual and Automated Methods for Delimiting Watersheds for Use with GRASS/GIS Software (1991)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA242633
>
> Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS) Version 4.0 User's Reference Manual (1992)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA255218
>
> GRASS 4.0 Map Digitizing User's Manual: v.digit (1992)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA256859
>
> GRASS-Intergraph Data Conversion Guide (1992)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA251458
>
> Predicting Database Requirements for Geographic Information Systems in the Year 2000: Long-Term Design Issues for GRASS (1992)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA256862
>
> Flood Damage Analysis Within the Readiness Management System (1992)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA273274
>
> Sound Exposure Level Prediction for Impulse Sound Sources Above Variable Terrain (1993)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA267535
>
> Estimating dry grass residues using landscape integration analysis (1993)
> https://archive.org/details/NASA_NTRS_Archive_19950017447
>
> Using Neural Networks to Correlate Satellite Imagery and Ground-Truth Data (1994)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA285486
>
> A Multiscale Random Field Model for Bayesian Image Segmentation (1994)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA283875
>
> Implementation of a Distributed Hydrologic Model within Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS) (1996)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA348892
>
> GRASS to ARC/INFO Data Conversion (1998)
> https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA353594

> [...]

Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org