[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8.3.0

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:19:04 PST 2023

Hi Markus,

El vie, 17 feb 2023 a las 15:25, Markus Neteler (<neteler at osgeo.org>)
escribió:

> Hi devs,
>
> After a long time of development and many, many improvements, it is
> time to release 8.3.0.
>
> Version scheme update: please note that we abandon the odd/even scheme
> and go for semantic versioning, i.e. 8.3.x comes after the 8.2.x
> series. See also the related RFC: Version Numbering
> (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2357).

Just wondering.. Should we adopt an RFC that has not yet been merged nor
approved via motion? There's a list of tasks in the PR that still seems
incomplete and I see that Vashek moved the milestone of the RFC to 8.4...
I'm not trying to delay the release -either it is called 8.3 or 8.4, it is
overdue- but IMO we need to agree on the RFC, no? Shall I prepare a motion
and we approve a version 1 of the Version Numbering RFC?

Vero