[GRASS-dev] [EXTERNAL] Link to installation

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Jan 10 04:57:31 PST 2023

On my personal laptop last night for Linux Mint 21.1, I just followed the compilation instructions for the source at https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu for Ubuntu 20.04 ( adding --with-pdal  to the configuration script ) and had no problems compiling from the current main tree ( probably doing the 8.2 release branch would be better)  . Make but don't make install.  You can make a launcher on the desktop in Linux Mint that points directly to the compiled binary .  This makes it somewhat easy to have different versions of GRASS compiled for comparison.

This is probably more than you wanted to know and does not help with your issue of conflicts with the precompiled binaries, but it works and I personally thought it was pretty nifty.

To address your issue, You might try adding the Ubuntu GIS ppa, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGIS   https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable .

Doug