[GRASS-dev] Contribution for GRASS Community Sprint

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 07:03:03 PDT 2023

Hi Brendan,

On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 at 23:43, Brendan <brendan.harmon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to join the community sprint this year. Probably remotely,
> but possibly in person.

Great! We are planning for a good remote participation option. We still
need to plan the details... (I guess this is the first call for
volunteer(s) for planning the virtual/hybrid piece!)

> I was thinking about fixing the input parameters for GRASS algorithms in
> QGIS's processing toolbox.
> Many have wrong required parameters, defaults, and so forth. Lots of easy
> things to fix.

Oh, yes. This is right along the lines of what we are considering as one of
the topics. In fact, we would like to make it easier to update in the
future with some automation to decrease the maintenance burden. No firm
plans for that yet, but any help scripting this or testing this would be
great.

> If there will be any talks or discussions, I'd really like to hear about
> the current and future state of lidar in GRASS.

The main topic for the sprint in relation to this is probably CMake to get
PDAL support on Windows.

Best,
Vaclav