[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8.3.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 23 02:52:49 PDT 2023

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 11:41 AM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> schrieb am Fr., 17. Feb. 2023, 19:24:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> After a long time of development and many, many improvements, it is
>> time to release 8.3.0.
>>
>> Version scheme update: please note that we abandon the odd/even scheme
>> and go for semantic versioning, i.e. 8.3.x comes after the 8.2.x
>> series. See also the related RFC: Version Numbering
>> (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2357).
>>
>> So, remaining for the 8.3.0 milestone are (currently) 19 open pull
>> requests (PRs) which still need testing or review:
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A8.3.0
>

> Still open PRs. Please complete them or bump them to the next milestone.

Now just a few are remaining:

- Suppress compiler warnings from GDAL #2899, nilason
- t.register: support mapset name in input file #2863, ninsbl
- g.extension: fix getting addons path if input JSON file doesn't
exist #2717, tmszi
- i.vi: support soil_line_slope for PVI #2561, pesekon2
- libproj: simple check for area of use #2519, metzm
- temporal dbif for current mapset only #2448, metzm
- g.extension: better handle request exceptions for l flag #2203, tmszi

May I bump all of them to the next milestone?
Could even be 8.3.1 (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/milestone/21).

>> I would like to prepare the 8.3.0RC1 release soon.

Importantly, we need to branch 8.3 first.

Markus