[GRASS-dev] Bugs in i.cca module

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:35:39 PST 2023

Hello devs,
Just playing around I decided to run i.cca module. Seems that it has
been broken since 2009(!) (there is a bug report from 2014 in Trac
[1]). I managed to fix the segfault [2] but it left me with a
different problem – the module runs just fine but produces NULLs as an
output. This boils down to at one point trying to calculate sqrt from
negative numbers. I am not that familiar with the CCA algorithm
implemented in the module and thus have no idea if it is a bug in the
code or just bad input data.

I hope somebody can help me to sort this out or provide a working example,
Māris.

1. https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2297
2. https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3239