[GRASS-dev] GSoC Ideas

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:10:48 PST 2024

I believe the welcome screen would most likely be dismissed. The other
possible solutions Brendan brings up may be difficult to implement with
wxpython. But we tried to do something similar with Linda using the info
bar, which shows info/buttons for first-time users. She tested that with
mixed results, people often just dismissed it. But I think it could be
further refined. For example, maybe we could move it to map display to make
it more prominent. The other direction is to better detect when users are
doing something likely wrong (import projected data to default project) and
then suggest alternatives.