[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS: backport of CI speed updates to G83?

Edouard Choinière e.chs at outlook.com
Tue Feb 20 04:17:19 PST 2024

But as one of the members with the maintain role (higher than triage and write), he has access to bypass permissions. If you go look back in the PR where I explained the branch rules, I showed the checkbox that allows to bypass for example in PRs. Here is the public combined view of the rules that are active for releasebranch_8_3 https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/rules/270686?ref=refs%2Fheads%2Freleasebranch_8_3 and https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/rules?ref=refs%2Fheads%2Freleasebranch_8_3

Note how they are different than https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/rules?ref=refs%2Fheads%2Fmain

It was made such as changing workflow requirements for main don’t restrict the older branches to be merged, or that changes in the CI infrastructure (outside of our repo) make it so they don’t work anymore. So they are kind of run on a best-effort basis, instead of religiously.

Edouard Choinière