[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 8.3.2

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 06:59:01 PST 2024

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 5:45 PM Markus Neteler via grass-dev <
grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 10:40 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> > We have accumulated a number of fixes in the past weeks.
> >
> > Here the milestone:
> > https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/milestone/24
>
> The RC1 release is now available, please test it:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/releases/tag/8.3.2RC1
>
> The open issues/PR I have moved to a new 8.3.3 milestone. But let's
> focus on 8.4.0.
>
> And yay, the Zenodo bridge works again:
> Version 8.3.2RC1: https://zenodo.org/records/10685321
> DOI: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.10685321 (resolver link will work
> in some hs from now)
>
> Hopefully no RC2 is needed.

Markus,

a bug in r.horizon came up on gitter recently:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3441

It would be nice to include it in 8.3.2 (with all the other fixes in
r.horizon) but at the same time I don't want to trigger RC2 because of
this... The bug fix is a small change in r.horizon not impacting anything
else, so perhaps we wouldn't need RC2? What do you think?