[GRASS-dev] r.copy doesn't respect computational region??

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Mar 3 15:05:22 PST 2024

On Sun, Mar 3, 2024 at 2:48 AM Vaclav Petras via grass-dev
<grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>> On March 2, 2024 1:00:23 AM GMT+01:00, Michael Barton via grass-dev <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>> >It's been awhile since I've done this but I thought I remembered that a new map created with r.copy is constrained by the computational region.
>> >That does not seem to the case, at least in 8.4 dev. Maybe it has been this way for awhile (long while?) and I didn't notice it.
>>
>> I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that has always been the case.
>
> Here is g.copy documentation from v6.4 it does not mention anything about region. It seems to go back to US Army CERL.
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-legacy/blob/2734c86fd5cb976b4a94b04a2cdc75b4613f6a77/general/manage/cmd/g.copy.html#L6

Here is also the GRASS GIS 4.0 manual page (:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-legacy/blob/releasebranch_4_0/man/man1/g.copy

To easily read it, click the "Raw" button, save to disk as
"g.copy.man", then render the man page with:

man ./g.copy.man

Markus