[GRASSGUI] GUI's existing or new one?

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 27 10:19:45 EDT 2004

Sajith VK wrote:

 > Hi,
 > I am using GRASS for a long, and now I think the mail
 > draw back of grass is the lack of a good GUI. I found
 > QGIS, Qt/GRASS, tkgrass etc etc but IMHO none of them are
 > satisfactory. I offer my help for any of this projects
 > or a compleetly new one. Can anyone suggest where should I
 > contribute? Is any of the above mentioned projects are
 > capable of growing into a full-featured GUI for grass?

I agree with you.  I think there are more and more GIS users and a great
tool as GRASS should have is own and complete GUI.

 > I am more comfortable with GTK and python, but other
 > toolkits and languages wont be a problem. Any idea
 > about OSSIM/GRASS bridge? Will it be suitable?

I'm not a very experienced programmer, but I think the best thing to do
if we want to have a good GUI is to work on it.  I think GTK could be
nice for this use. I will shortly open a project for this and I hope
that more experienced people will give feedback.

 > Waiting for your comments.....

Jean-Denis