[GRASSGUI] python scripting support?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Apr 8 07:33:36 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> What would it take to support python scripts like we support bash scripts.
> That is, can we have a python script header that is automatically read and
> parsed by menuform.py in some structured way to create a nice wxPython GUI
> for ad hoc scripts? This could encourage people to start scripting
> interesting things in Python, as well as porting existing scripts to Python.

g.parser can be used with any language which supports '#' as a comment
character. See general/g.parser/test.py for an example Python script
which uses g.parser.

The Python GUI can run such scripts with --interface-description to
get module/option/flag information in XML, from which a GUI could be
generated.