[GRASSGUI] Re: [grass-addons] r509 - trunk/grassaddons/gui/gui_modules

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Apr 16 03:32:19 EDT 2007

Daniel,

Should we start going through and switching instances of os.system to
os.execvp? What is the correct syntax for something like this...

vcmd = "v.what -a map=%s east_north=%f,%f distance=%f" % \
(vectstr, float(x), float(y), qdist)

os.system(vcmd)

Is it...?

vcmd = ['v.what', '-a', 'map='+vectstr, 'east_north=%f,%f' % ( float(x),
float(y)), 'distance='+qdist]

os.execvp(vcmd)

What about os.popen and Popen?

Finally, how do we return the properly built command from buildCmd to put
into os.execvp?

thanks

Michael

On 4/15/07 11:00 PM, "calvelo at grass.itc.it" <calvelo at grass.itc.it> wrote:

> Log:
> - better test task: use with 'test' as the grass command
> - now cmdPanel may be queried by (i) buildCmd, which returns an array of
> arguments and (ii) createCmd, which is the usual cmdline string. This allows
> for both system-style use (with the usual quote madness), and a saner
> execve-style command launch.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213