[GRASSGUI] module dialogs in wxPython

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Aug 6 13:15:55 EDT 2007

On 8/6/07 9:18 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> What would it take to have a module come up in the wxPython version of the
>> autogenerated dialog if GRASS_GUI is set to wx in .grassrc6? I think this
>> discussion got started sometime back, but wasn't resolved.
>
> It needs:
>
> 1. A Python equivalent of lib/gis/gui.tcl.

This exists. menform.py

> 2. A Python equivalent of generate_tcl(), unless you make #1 accept
> XML, in which case G_usage_xml() can be used.

menuform accepts and parses xml generated by
<command> --interface-description

Futzing around with this, I was able to get a wxPython last night dialog by
entering:

python $GISBASE/etc/wx/gui_modules/menuform.py <command>

> 3. Some changes to G_gui() to select the desired GUI based upon
> $GRASS_GUI.

So it seems to be down to #3

> #1 is the main part; the rest is straightforward.

Excellent

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University