[GRASSGUI] A couple wx GUI problems

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 8 23:15:19 EDT 2007

A couple random WX GUI problems:

- If I had previously run GRASS in a DB on an external disk, then
unmounted the disk, when I run GRASS again with the wx GUI, GRASS
complains that it can't find the DB and bails, instead of opening the
gis_set.py dialog and letting me choose a different DB.

The drag-n-drop I added to the OSX app works to reset this (and I
imagine the equivalent CLI startup with a mapset path will do the
same on other systems), but it's a bit annoying if I want to create a
new location or mapset in a location - I have to open an existing one
first.

I recall someone had a similar problem a while back (which spurred me
to add the drag-n-drop feature).  Any progress made on this?

- It appears that the dialogs from the command line still use TclTk.
Totally separate from the wx GUI?  I hope that changes in the future.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan