[GRASSGUI] trying to compile wxPython digitizer display_driver

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Aug 19 23:32:43 EDT 2007

It was meant to be run from the makefile.  So just "make" and it
should work.  The makefile does the swig stuff.  Then runs "python
setup.py build".  Also, before running make, set the shell PATH to
include wxpython - for the 2.8.4 version I just installed today that
would be:

export PATH="/usr/local/lib/wxPython-unicode-2.8.4.2/bin:$PATH"

On Aug 19, 2007, at 10:11 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> William,
>
> Thanks for working on this. I just tried it. I seem to be missing
> something.
>
> I put the display_driver folder into ../grass6/gui/wxpython as you
> suggested.
>
> I copied your new Makefile and setup.py into the display_driver folder
>
> I then ran
>
> python setup.py
>
> I received the following error
>
> cmb-MBP:~/grass_dev/grass6/gui/wxpython/display_driver cmbarton$
> python
> setup.pyusage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2
> [cmd2_opts]
> ...]
>    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
>    or: setup.py --help-commands
>    or: setup.py cmd --help

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan