[GRASSGUI] Re: onMenuCmd Vs. runMenuCmd

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 8 14:10:37 EDT 2007

Yann,

I just added RunMenuCmd and differentiated it from OnMenuCmd (the original
method) yesterday.

The difference is that OnMenuCmd expects a GRASS command WITHOUT arguments
and passes it to the menuform.py parser to open a properties dialog.

RunMenuCmd expects a GRASS command WITH arguments (e.g., g.region -p) and
sends it on directly to the command parser in gui_utils.py, WITHOUT opening
a properties dialog. There are a number of menu entries that need this kind
of treatment. This seemed the simplest way to deal with them within the
current structure.

Michael

On 6/8/07 10:22 AM, "Yann" <yann.chemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> Could make a brief description on when to use "onMenuCmd" and "runMenuCmd"?
> Is there a change happening on this these days, or that happened some time
> back? How could we know if our new modules will run from them?
>
> thank you,
> Yann

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213