[GRASSGUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] wxgrass ready for testing

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jun 15 11:23:16 EDT 2007

On 15/06/07 10:07, Michael Barton wrote:
> The new wxPython GRASS interface  (AKA wxgrass) is pretty much equal in
> functionality to the standard TclTk interface, and so is ready for
> regular testing.

Great job guys !!

> There are also some enhancements over the TclTk interface, including:
> a prototype attribute data manager (works for interactive mouse queries)

Do I understand correctly that "management" does not include editing ?

> more sophisticated profile analysis module

Clicking on the profile tool entry in the menu I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line 1737, in
Profile
     style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 80, in __init__
     toolbar = self.__createToolBar()
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 195, in
__createToolBar
     self.AddToolbarButton(toolbar, *each)
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/profile.py", line 204, in
AddToolbarButton
     tool = toolbar.AddLabelTool(id=wx.ID_ANY, label=label, bitmap=icon,
shortHelp=help)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
line 3715, in AddLabelTool
     shortHelp, longHelp, clientData)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
line 3637, in DoAddTool
     return _controls_.ToolBarBase_DoAddTool(*args, **kwargs)
ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'ToolBarBase_DoAddTool',
expected argument 4 of type 'wxBitmap const &'

> full command line access to all GRASS commands; d.* commands called from
> the command line can display in the wxPython canvas.

How do I erase a layer which was displayed via a d.* command ?

> easily positioned scalebar and legend

Works great now !
Any way to change the size of a legend ?

A few more issues I came upon:

- d.vect.thematic:
	- the defaults indicated in the gui, do not seem to be included
automatically in the resulting command string. There are things like
'type=<required>' in the command line in the status bar. I have to
explicitely select each of the items to make the <required> elements go
away?
	- I get a gui error windows stating: "Execution failed:
'd.vect.thematic map=fields at PERMANENT column=cat --q'" and a message
"You must open a display monitor" in the terminal.

- d.vect.chart: I get a message "Type <themechart> of layer
<bugsites at PERMANENT> is not supported yet", but it actually works
perfectly !

That's all for today.

Moritz