[GRASSGUI] gism name change

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Mar 25 01:23:52 EDT 2007

So far I've only heard from Jachym and Wolf. Here is what seems reasonable.

On 3/23/07 2:51 PM, "Wolf Bergenheim" <wolf+grass at bergenheim.net> wrote:

> On 23.03.2007 18:19, Michael Barton wrote:
>> It has been suggested several times that we rename the main files for
>> the wxPython GUI because gism sounds too much like a prurient word for
>> those whose minds wander in that way when coding overly late at night ;-)
>>
>> Here are a couple of ideas:
>>
>> gism-->gismgr
>> gism-->wxg (for wxgrass)
>> gism-->wxgrass
>>
>> wx/Gism-->wx/modules
>>
>> gismutils-->wxgutils
>> gismutils-->gmutils
>>
>> What do you like? Other ideas?
>>

> How about:
>
> gism --> grassgui (Isn't this the main command to start the whole GUI)?

There is still the TclTk GUI, so I'm a little reluctant to do this. How
about

wxgui

to make it clear that this is not the TclTk gui

> wx/Gism --> wx/gui-modules

sounds good, but let's use underscores to be careful

gui_modules

> gismutils --> gui-utils

wxgui_utils (classes used by wxgui)

I'm also changing grass_wizard to location_wizard to make it easier to
understand what it does.

> And then call the whole thing the GRASS GUI (or GRASSGUI as this
> mailinglist)

Hopefully it will be eventually.

> --Wolf

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity