[GRASSGUI] testing wxgrass

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Mar 27 08:16:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

here are some remarks on wxgrass (rev. 338):

- Beautiful !

- Trying to start grass63 -wx without an existing .grassrc6 file, I
cannot choose a GISDBASE directory:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gis_set.py", line 652, in OnBrowse
     grassdata = dlg.GetDirectory()
AttributeError: 'DirDialog' object has no attribute 'GetDirectory'

If I create a .grassrc6 file with only GISDBASE set, grass starts.

- Creating a new mapset only creates an empty mapset directory, without
WIND file.

- Using a freashly downloaded spearfish60 dataset, and setting my
.grassrc6 as follows, I get the following error message, the startup
screen (where one choses the location and mapset) is skipped, and grass
opens directly in the spearfish60 location and user1 mapset:

GISDBASE: /home/mlennert/GRASS/DATA
GRASS_GUI: wx
LOCATION_NAME: spearfish60
MAPSET: user1

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gis_set.py", line 728, in ?
     GRASSStartUp = StartUp(0)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line
7757, in __init__
     self._BootstrapApp()
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line
7354, in _BootstrapApp
     return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gis_set.py", line 719, in OnInit
     StartUp = GRASSStartup(None, -1, "")
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gis_set.py", line 462, in __init__
     self.__set_properties()
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gis_set.py", line 508, in __set_properties
     self.lbmapsets.SetSelection(self.listOfMapsets.index(mapset))
ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list

- When I set MAPSET back to PERMANENT in the .grassrc6 file, startup
works as expected, with the exception of the fact that spearfish60 being
selected by default (as expected) the list of available mapsets shows
'PERMANENT' and 'mlennert' even though there is no 'mlennert' directory
  in the spearfish60 location. When I click on another location and then
back on spearfish60, I see the correct PERMANENT and user1...
The same happens for locations where I tried to create a new mapset. At
first I only see the mapset that existed before. Only when I click on
another location and then back, I see the newly created (though not
correct) mapsets.

- When I add a raster or vector file, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/wxgui_utils.py", line 311, in
onExpandNode
     if self.layertype[self.layer_selected] == 'group':
KeyError: <wx._controls.TreeItemId; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxTreeItemId *' at 0x8899f18> >

but I do get the layer options (d.rast/d.vect) dialog and can display a map.

- Contrary to what I said before, I still have a problem displaying
several layers. I can add a first layer, but when I try to add a second
layer, I get the following error message, the second layer is unusable
(only transparency field visible, see attached image), and I cannot
erase it either:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 460, in addVector
     self.SetTree('vector')
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 487, in SetTree
     self.maptree.AddLayer(disp_idx, layertype)
   File "/usr/lib/grass/etc/wx/gui_modules/wxgui_utils.py", line 151, in
AddLayer    if (self.layer_selected and self.layer_selected !=
self.GetRootItem() and
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py",
line 4996, in __ne__
     return _controls_.TreeItemId___ne__(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: in method 'TreeItemId___ne__', expected argument 2 of type
'wxTreeItemId const *'

- How do I chose 'none' as a color ?

- In the d.vect window, shouldn't the flags concerning colors, (-a and
-c) be on the colors tab ?

Moritz