[GRASSGUI] testing pseudodc

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Mar 31 13:46:13 EDT 2007

Could those of you with Linux and Windows try out the pseudodc example in
the wxPython demo and let me know if it works for you.

I¹ve been working with it and the current double buffered DC and the 2 have
some issues interacting. However, the PseudoDC seems to solve a number of
problems for panning maps and placing decorations.

I did the double buffered DC last year because Linux systems were having bad
flicker problems with map panning. Butf the PseudoDC works on those systems
without flicker, then the whole display system can switch to that‹and it¹s a
LOT simpler.

Thanks
Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity