[GRASS-PSC] Re: GRASS PSC

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Oct 27 00:31:28 EDT 2006

I am just getting a chance to start going through this long list of psc
emails and responses. I'll start with this first question and see how much
farther I get tonight.

@GRASS-PSC -0

Reason: GRASS has a long and strongly established tradition and culture of
open discussion on important issues that affect the direction of the project
and the software. Creating a GRASS-PSC list--even one that is open to anyone
to join and monitor--could give the impression of an attempt to create an
elite managerial class.

Proposed solution: The real reason for such a list has considerable value,
however. I suggest all PSC business be conducted on the developer list, but
that a consistent identifying phrase be in the header (GRASS PSC comes to
mind for some odd reason). Then I suggest that a mailing list rule be
implemented that copies all mail with this header to a separate archive
where it can easily be searched and referenced. This archive should be
maintained with the rest of the GRASS email archives and accessible from the
GRASS main web site.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University