[GRASS-PSC] Re: GRASS PSC

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 10:34:09 EDT 2006

On 10/28/06, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl> wrote:

> > +1 on Michael's comments. Having the custom subject line will help people to
> > keep messages filed locally, and an alternate archive will increase
> > accessibility.
>
> The idea is interesting. I only wonder if this is a robust approach -
> we will occasionaly forget to add the custom subject element (eg.
> "PSC"). But the discussion will start anyway, making it to late to
> re-send another message with a corrected subject. And such GRASS PSC
> threads will be impossible to be found and copied into the dedicated
> GRASS PSC archive only by their subject.
>
> How about a dedicated PSC mailing list - automatically forwared to
> grass-dev? Then we have both a dedicated archive, only with PSC related
> threads, and the discussion is still open for other GRASS folks.

While automated forwarding of PSC mailing list mails is easy, how
to treat responses from the community? This would require a subscription
(if you generally open, you get tons of spam or unrelated stuff). While
weblist AT grass.itc.it *is* not restricted and 'bogofilter' works
well to filter
it, I don't know if this would work equally well for a PSC list.
Well, that's probably a more technical question.

The general question is: dedicated list or not. It seems that we have
contrary opinions at the moment.