[GRASS-PSC] Motion: migrate to SVN/trac on OSGeo infrastructure

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 03:40:12 EDT 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:
> after long discussions, according to our (yet proposed) rules
> of voting [1],
> [1] http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass63progman/rfc/rfc3_psc.html

I think RFC3 needs to be substantially reworked before a vote. I had
thought that I had sent an email to the PSC listing some ideas about
that, but can't find it now. (I'm pretty sure the ideas never
materialized into a patch, & it lingers on my to-do list)

> I motion that the GRASS CVS server be migrated into SVN server on OSGeo
> infrastructure as well as the bug tracker be migrated to Trac on OSGeo
> infrastructure.

CVS -> SVN seems a technical decision, with wide support on the -dev list,
so I support that.

Moving the SCM to OSGeo seems like a nice step to take in GRASS's
integration into the OSGeo group, and with the added bonus of the linked
Trac bug tracker, I think the move will be helpful to our workflow as
well. GDAL has already done the move, so we can draw on their experience.

So +1 in support of Markus's migration motion and cheers to Intevation
for the many years of service.

> Rationale and background information to compare the current
> solution to the proposed solution:
>  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/SVN_hosting

FWIW I consider the Wiki to be another matter to be discussed on another
thread after this vote is done & dealt to.

regards,
Hamish