[GRASS-PSC] Re: [Incubator] Motion: GRASS to Graduate Incubation

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 24 17:37:08 EST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 11:20 PM, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> >
> > I motion that the Incubation Committee recommends GRASS to the OSGeo Board
> > of Directors for graduation from incubation with Markus Neteler as project
> > liaison officer.
> >

> After running GRASS against the the (unofficial) project Graduation
> Checklist at
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Graduation_Checklist I have a
> couple of questions:
>
> 1- Bug tracker: GRASS started using OSGeo's Trac system only a couple of
> weeks ago and there are only 23 tickets at the moment. I found refs to 2
> other bug tracking systems used in the past here
> http://grass.itc.it/bugtracking/index.php ... will any effort be made to
> maintain the bug history (import in Trac or maintain old servers?) or is
> this not important to the project members?

We are working on migration of the previous GForge bugtracker to trac.
The problem is that we don't have ssh access to that machine to generate
a dump. It is at least scheduled:
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_Migration_to_OSGeo
 ->  Migration of GForge/RT bugtracker to OSGeo Trac

OT: We are continuously monitoring the GRASS code quality from a software
engineering view - an ongoing research project. The leader already asked me
to provide him with bug history to track down management. So: double interest
(see http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-qa/ )

> 2- Does the GRASS project have or plan to have some kind of automated
> testing and/or buildbot system?

To some extent yes:
http://grass.osgeo.org/devel/index.php#quality
* GRASS Quality Assessment and monitoring list: Verification of source
code healthiness
* GRASS-QA source code navigator
* GRASS Test Suite: Module functionality tests

We are looking forward to implement a buildbot instance.