[GRASS-PSC] GRASS part of NCSU OSI initiative

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 14 01:19:39 EDT 2008

I would like to ask for a permission to list GRASS GIS as a project
that is part
of the NCSU Open Source Initiative launched at NCSU in collaboration
with RedHat.
At this point it just means that the project is listed on the OSI web
site
and I will be working with OIT to get GRASS installed in campus labs and
make it available to several universities and colleges through
Virtual Computing System (VCL)
(which leads  me to a question whether I should wait for final
GRASS63 release or
we can start testing at least VCL with GRASS63RC5)

here is the link to the relevant web sites
https://opensource.ncsu.edu/FrontPage
https://opensource.ncsu.edu/OpenSourceProjects

(well, I already listed GRASS and then I realized that it should
probably go through PSC,
so here is the request).
I assume that we don't need a vote on this and as long as nobody
objects I am fine,

thank you

Helena

Helena Mitasova