[GRASS-PSC] is this license GPL2 compatible?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 04:17:00 EDT 2008

[sorry for the cross-posting, I'm casting the idea net wide]

is this license GPL2 compatible?
is this license DFSG compatible? *

"There is no warranty whatsoever.  Use at your own risk.

This code may be freely redistributed under the condition that the copyright
notices are not removed. You may distribute modified versions of this code
UNDER THE CONDITION THAT THIS CODE AND ANY MODIFICATIONS MADE TO IT IN THE
SAME FILE REMAIN UNDER COPYRIGHT OF FOOCORP, BOTH SOURCE AND OBJECT CODE ARE
MADE FREELY AVAILABLE WITHOUT CHARGE, AND CLEAR NOTICE IS GIVEN OF THE
MODIFICATIONS."

the bit I am concerned about is the effect of "all your modifications are
copyright us". (which is fine with me, but is it fine with the GPL?)

I seem to recall seeing something very similar in the past, is this a known
standard BSD/MIT/X variant?

[*] http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
    My attitude is that if it passes those tests, I/we can integrate
    it into our project without much worry.

?

thanks,
Hamish