[GRASS-PSC] Proposal to include the ccmath LGPL'd library into GRASS

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:20:23 EDT 2009

Dear PSC,
i would like to make an proposal to include parts of the ccmath* library
into grass to replace the following numerical recipes algorithm in grass:

Located in gmath library:
1.) Computation of eigenvalues in eigen_tools.c.
2.) Linear equation solver in lu.c
3.) Singular value decomposition in svd.c

The library will be located at grass_src/lib/ccmath.
I will patch all effected modules in GRASS.
A new gmath test suite will provide tests for most of the ccmath functions
which will be available in GRASS.

The ccmath library is licensed under the LGPL. I will assure that every
ccmath file includes a LGPL header information and the name of the original
author.
I will place a lgpl.txt license file in the ccmath library directory.

If my proposal will be accepetd, i will commit the changes to the svn
development
repositories of grass6.5 and grass7.

Best regards
Soeren Gebbert

*CCMATH is a mathematics library, coded in C, that contains functions for
linear algebra, numerical integration, geometry and trigonometry, curve
fitting, roots and optimization, Fourier analysis, simulation generation,
statistics, special functions, sorts and searches, time series models,
complex arithmetic, and high precision computations.[1]

[1] http://freshmeat.net/projects/ccmath/