[GRASS-PSC] GRASS Community Sprint 2013 - email for possible sponsors

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 09:14:14 PST 2013

Thank you all for your feedback. I set up a pad [
http://titanpad.com/GjxUe6ZLe8 ] where you can add any further modification
to the text.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Looks good to me too. Depending on where you send or post it you may also
> want to create a shorter version,
> some people who get lot of emails or just scan a webpage may not get past
> the first paragraph.

That's right, I've added also a shorter version.

> I will check how difficult it is to pay from the US to this account - if
> it too complicated, it may deter potential donors.
> Is there a reason why Paypal or some other credit card service cannot be
> used (high fees perhaps?, I am just curious,
> I don't really know much about this),

As far as I remember, as GFOSS.it we used to have a PayPal but decided to
get rid of it because of (if i remember correctly) high fees or something
like that. I will check with Luca about the opportunity to set up a
temporary PayPal account just for this event or other possible solutions.

Thank you
Cheers
madi

--
Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.