[GRASS-PSC] GRASS Community Sprint 2013 - email for possible sponsors

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 19 09:40:26 PST 2013

Hi Luca, PSC;

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... a Japanese guy ask me for a
> different method for donations than bank transfer because from Japan
> is really expensive.
> Could you please let me know what is your idea?
> In my experience we could use PayPal or Indiegogo

... but aren't these two completely different things?

1) If you want to transfer money, use Paypal or likewise [1].
2) If you want to make a crowd-sourced-funding campain, use
    Indiegogo or likewise. See also [2]

If they want to send money, then we need to figure out 1).

Best
Markus

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_on-line_payment_service_providers
[2] http://mail-pilot.com/blog/comparing-crowd-sourced-funding-platforms/