[GRASS-PSC] Procedure to request Community Sprint funding now documented

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Feb 18 01:32:19 PST 2016

On 17/02/16 00:03, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi PSC,
>
> here at the current community sprint in S. Michele, Italy, we
> discussed a more formal procedure (adopted frrom the FOSSGIS e.V,
> www.fossgis.de) approach:
>
> In essence, a written request for funding is needed by compiling a
> Wiki page following a template which is then to be sent to the PSC
> list for approval or not. For details, see
>
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Community_Sprint_Funding#Procedure_to_request_Community_Sprint_funding
>
> Comments are of course welcome.

I think it would be necessary to have someoe with overview of the state
of our finances (who does ?) to give a thumbs up on the request before
the PSC can vote. Otherwise, we risk voting yes on too many proposals...

Maybe this thumbs up should be noted on the wiki page before the request
is sent to the list ? Or the people requesting the funding should send
the request to the financial responsible who then sends on the request
to the PSC list with additional info about the state of finances.

Moritz