[GRASS-PSC] GRASS PSC elections in 2016

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun May 15 10:55:43 PDT 2016

What Helena says makes sense

______________
Michael Barton

Sent from  my iPhone
Please excusr any typoz

On May 15, 2016, at 3:07 AM, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be<mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>> wrote:

On 15/05/16 04:17, Helena Mitasova wrote:

 Here we have the problem to not have a charter membership.

we can have a system where anybody can nominate a candidate and the contributors with
svn access (both core and add-ons) vote - can you find out how many we have ?

+1

On the rest, i.e. removing members and annual rotating election of 1/3, I'm not sure that this is really worth the hassle in the GRASS case. I think one election every three years could be enough, although I do acknowledge the potential advantage of rotation in that it allows more easily and proactively integration of newcomers...

Moritz